Doktorzy Honoris Causa
26 września 2014 r.
Professor Claude-Louis Gallien was born in France (Rennes) on August 26th, 1942. He is married with two daughters.
Academic titles and functions
- Graduate of the University of Paris (1965), PhD in Biology (1967), State Doctorate in Natural Sciences (1969), Claude-Louis Gallien was invested in University for more than 35 years : Assistant professor (1970-1974), Professor (1974-2005), Emeritus Professor (2005-present) at the University Paris Descartes. Centre d’Etude de la Sensorimotricité CESEM -UMR 8194
- Honorary Professor (2006), Sun Yat Sen University of Guangzhou-Canton (China), Visiting Professor (2011) at Haïnan University (China).
- Vice-rector of the UFR Biomédicale, Paris Descartes (1991-1995)
- Member of the French National University Council (1988-1992 ; 1999-2003).
Investment in the sport movement
- President of the greatest French university sports club, the Paris University Club (1982-1996);
- President of the French Federation of University Sports (1988-2004);
- Member of the Board (1989-2010) then Vice-President of the French National Olympic Comittee (1998-2010);
- President of the French National Anti-Doping Committee (1996-1999), then member of the Executive board of the French Antidoping Agency (2000-2009);
- Member of the medical and scientific group in the Medical Commission of the I.O.C. (2003-present).
- FISU: Professor Gallien was elected F.I.S.U. (International University Sports federation) Executive Committee Assessor in 1991, FISU Vice-President (1995-1999), FISU Executive Chairman (1999-2003), FISU First Vice-President (2003- 2011), FISU President (2011-present.
Claude-Louis Gallien made his sports career in Sailing (Finn Class) and Track & Field (hammer & discus):
- French University Champion hammer throwing (1967)
- French Interclubs Champion hammer throwing (1969 & 1970)
- Finalist hammer throwing Tokyo Summer Universiade (1967)
Titles and Awards
- Knight of the Order of the Legion of Honour (2005)
- Knight of the National Order of Merit (1987)
- Knight of Academic Palms (1993)
- Price Savigny of the French Academy of Sciences (1970)
Research and education
Cell differenciation-Neurosciences-Neurobiology: In the period 1966 – 2011, Professor Gallien has published more than 100 scientific papers, books and handbooks in the field of cloning, molecular genetics of development and cell differentiation. He has received several awards and prizes for his scientific work.
Recent publications (2000-2011) – 11 publications – 81 citations
- Charbonnier F, Chanoine C, Cifuentes-Diaz C, Gallien CL, Rieger F, Alliel PM, Perin JP. (2000) Expression of the proteoglycan SPOCK during mouse embryo development. Mech Dev. 90(2):317-21.
- Nicolas N, Mira JC, Gallien CL, Chanoine C (2000) .Neural and hormonal control of expression of myogenic regulatory factor genes during regeneration of Xenopus fast muscles: myogenin and MRF4 mRNA accumulation are neurally regulated oppositely.Dev Dyn. 2000. 218:112-22.
- Launay T, Armand AS, Charbonnier F, Mira JC, Donsez E, Gallien CL, Chanoine C. (2001) Expression and neural control of myogenic regulatory factor genes during regeneration of mouse soleus. J Histochem Cytochem. 49(7):887-99.
- Charbonnier F, Gaspera BD, Armand AS, Van der Laarse WJ, Launay T, Becker C, Gallien CL, Chanoine C. (2002) Two myogenin-related genes are differentially expressed in Xenopus laevis myogenesis and differ in their ability to transactivate muscle structural genes. J Biol Chem. 277 (2):1139-47.
- Armand AS, Della Gaspera B, Launay T, Charbonnier F, Gallien CL, Chanoine C. (2003) Expression and neural control of follistatin versus myostatin genes during regeneration of mouse soleus. Dev. Dyn. 227(2):256-65.
- Charbonnier F, Della Gaspara B, Armand AS, Lecolle S, Launay T, Gallien CL, Chanoine C. (2003) Specific activation of the acetylcholine receptor subunit genes by MyoD family proteins. J. Biol. Chem. 278(35):33169-74.
- Armand AS, Launay T, Gaspera BD, Charbonnier F, Gallien CL, Chanoine C. (2003) Effects of eccentric treadmill running on mouse soleus: degeneration/regeneration studied with Myf-5 and MyoD probes. Acta Physiol. Scand. 179(1):75-84.
- Grondard C, Biondi O, Armand AS, Lécolle S, Della Gaspera B, Pariset C, Li H, Gallien CL, Vidal PP, Chanoine C, Charbonnier F (2005). Regular exercise prolongs survival in a type 2 spinal muscular atrophy model mouse.J Neurosci.. 25:7615-22.
- Grondard C, Charbonnier F, Gasc J-P, Vidal PP, Gallien C-L, Chanoine C (2005). Réponses biologiques à l’entraînement : données de cinéradiographie. Sciences et Sport vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 232-234,
- Grondard C, Biondi O, Pariset C, Lopes P, Deforges S, Lécolle S, Gaspera BD, Gallien CL, Chanoine C, Charbonnier F (2008).Exercise-induced modulation of calcineurin activity parallels the time course of myofibre transitions.J Cell Physiol. 214:126-35.
- Bruno della Gaspera, Anne-Sophie Armand, Ines Sequeira, Sylvie Lecolle, Claude Louis Gallien, Frédéric Charbonnier, Christophe Chanoine (2009) The Xenopus MEF2 gene family: Evidence of a role for XMEF2C in larval tendon development Develop Biol , vol. 328, no. 2, pp. 392-402
- Iman LazizArnaud, Arnaud Ferry, Anne-Sophie Armand, Claude Louis Gallien, Bruno Della Gaspera, F. Charbonnier, C. Chanoine (2011) Eccentric stimulation reveals an involvement of FGF6 in muscle resistance to mechanical stress. Eur J Appl Physiol , vol. 111, no. 7, pp. 1507-151
Sport: In the period 1975 – 2011, Professor Gallien has published more than 50 papers and books in the field of Physical education, Ethics, Sports sciences and Sport policy.
Textbooks- Educational books – Books of scientific valorisation - General books:
- Books on the field of Biology:
- Biologie Cellulaire, 1976, Presses Universitaires de France, Paris (11th edition 2000)
- Génétique, 1976, Presses Universitaires de France, Paris (7th edition 1994)
- Biologie de la Reproduction et du Développement, 1976, Presses Universitaires de France, Paris (8th edition 1999)
- L'oeuf et les stades initiaux de l'ontogenèse, 1979, Presses Universitaires de France, Paris
- L'Homme en re-création, 1983, Hachette
- L'énigme des origines, 1992, Vigot, Paris (2d edition 1995)
- Homo, histoire plurielle d'un genre trés singulier, 1998, Presses Universitaires de France, Paris (3d edition, Coll. Quadrige, 2002)
- A origem de homem, 1999, Instituto Piaget Ed, Lisboa.
- Books on the field of sport:
- Charléty, la mémoire d'un stade, 1994, Éditions Revue EPS, Paris 100 ans de PUC, 2006, Atlantica, Biarritz
- The International University Games of the CIE, 2013, FISU Ed, Lausanne